Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The first week of level 6 YUELI

Actually, during the weekend until Monday, I got flu and an allergy as well. I was very sick and tired. Then now, I fell a little bit behind my class, and I am worried about it. For the first university life activity of this session, in the Friday afternoon, I went to the North York public library with my Taiwanese friend to find another non-fiction book. I decided to change the "All dressed up - The sixties and the Counterculture" because I had tried to read it, but it was much more difficult to get the ideas than I thought. Then, I got the idea to find a book that was related to my field. Therefore, I found some different books, but most interested in the "Pocketbook power-How to reach the Hearts and Minds of today's most coveted consumers-Women" Actually, it is not easy to understand them all, but much better than the last one. I leafed through some pages and caught the main ideas for the some first pages. My friend looked for a book to practice her reading skill, so I helped her. Because her major is teaching English as the second language, we found a book that was all about TESL, teaching English oversea. After that, we borrowed a documentary film and a book about Iced bears- Polar bears to watch in her house. My friend would need it for her listening log. It showed their style of life, and threatening risks that they might face when the earth became warmer and warmer. It was very emotional and made us think about these problems for a while. After all, I came back home at 8:00 pm and started my cleaning for a week. Unfortunately, the weather changed badly and so quickly, so I got sick. However, I hope I will do my work well to pass this course.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Hi Nguyen,
I like the idea of your book for your summaries. I hope that you will enjoy it. You are doing well to get documentaries as well Was it fun to see the polar bears? They are among the favourite bears of people in Canada since we have so much ice country. Don't worry about missing the earlier parts of the course as I'm pretty sure you can catch up. However, the later parts are crucial and harder as they involve more effort from you. Hope you feel better now.
Good luck,
Lynne